Media Relations Strategy
I love brainstorming communications strategy with clients. The excitement and energy that takes place—there’s nothing like it. But when the pep rally is over, it’s time to put all of the notes and the “I’m just thinking out loud” thoughts together in a way that will become an action plan and generate awareness.
I’ll share a few secrets about what I do best—fostering meaningful relationships with your audience. Media relations is a long-term strategy that can produce great outcomes. Together we will:
- Have a vision
- Write down all of the events and pitches that need to be shared with the media
- Plan a timeline for developing press materials and pitching
- Write consistent company messaging to incorporate in all marketing and communications outreach
- Execute and follow-through
While there’s never a guarantee that a reporter will run with your story immediately (place an ad for that!), it’s my job to make your story sparkle and to maintain local media relationships on your behalf for future coverage. How do you make your story memorable?
- Make it newsworthy
- Know what reporters write about
- Reach out to the media in a personal way
Contact JLB PR at 443-837-6796 or Jennifer@jlbpr.com for a proposal and the chance to brainstorm ideas to jump start your communications outreach.